none of my sensors are working since the marshmallow update s5 samsung
flyinhawyn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since the update on my Samsung S5 to Marshmallow , the sensors are not working. I have rebooted , removed battery, and a complete wipe reboot, still the same.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: none of my sensors are working since the marshmallow update s5 samsung
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that we get your device properly working. Have you attempted to utilize the Samsung Software Repair Assistant? Here is a link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-update-repair-assistant/?lid=sayt&sayt=software%20re...

HarleyE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

fingerprint, what else??

0 Likes
flyinhawyn
Enthusiast - Level 1

fingerprint works, heart beat works, its the proximity sensor that does not work. Rotation , light sensor and my steps do not work since the marshmallow update.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

flyinhawyn - Having the latest software on your device will ensure that your device works in tip top shape. I am sorry to hear you are having proximity sensor issues. Lets get to work and battle the issues you are having. When did you download the Marshmallow software? Please keep in mind that it usually it can take up to 7 days for the new soft ware to settle into your device. Take a look at the Samsung software repair assistant. http://vz.to/1MpCiIp

JacobV_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Updates are meant to improve and enhance your device, flyinhawyn. Let’s take a closer look into this and make sure your device is working properly. We appreciate you testing out a few things on the device. Have you attempted the Samsung Software Repair Assistant since your update, http://spr.ly/6586BvT6y? Have you tested the phone out in safe mode, http://spr.ly/6587BvT6J;

DanielleR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TODDEDW32
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problems.  No screen rotation on any application other than those that only operate in landscape mode, no light sensor.  My ear keeps changing things in my contacts if I don't remember to kill the screen once the call connects. Very frustrating.  My phone worked flawlessly before this "improvement".

Verizon support- Do you have a fix for this yet?  Just tried rebooting in safe mode.  No change. no sensors working.  Plus, the whole phone seems to be getting slower.  Difficult to get screen to come on from sleep.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure your device is functioning at peak performance. May we ask if you attempted a factory reset? KleoL_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
TODDEDW32
Enthusiast - Level 1

No, I'm trying to avoid that because I don't have time to re-establish all of my current accounts, apps, preferences, etc. If I do a factory reset, that doesn't take me back to the previous OS, correct? And even if it does, Verizon's network will force the OS update to Marshmallow again. May I remind you, I didn't ask for the update and it broke my phone. It was working very well, and was quite fast.  This new OS is slow and doesn't play nice with the hardware.  A factory reset isn't going to change that.

So may I please ask you a few questions?

Why was this forced on your customer base rather than giving us the choice of moving to the new OS?

Why is Verizon expecting me to waste my time trying to make a machine work again when it wasn't broken in the first place?

Why is a factory reset the go-to for tech support rather than admitting there's a flaw in how the new OS operates on the S5?  I've read countless forums over the last weeks and I haven't seen a response yet that said a factory reset actually fixes their issue.

Please offer a better solution than one that wastes even more of my time than I already have.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TODDEDW32 I have been there, I had to do a Factory Reset myself recently. What we can also try is restarting the phone in safe mode and see if the phone still has the same issue. Here is a link that will help with that: http://vz.to/2cfELYx

RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes
TODDEDW32
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello Rosanne M.

I tried that with no luck. Sensors were still unresponsive. What is the next step?

Thank you,

Todd

0 Likes