no service all of a sudden
linket
Enthusiast - Level 2

there are 4 of us in my house with the same phone & same service but i am the only one who doesn't get service.  everyone else has 4g I have nothing.  i had 4g as of the day before yesterday.  i have tried taking off the battery,  i've double checked the settings against everyone else's phone & mine are the same yet i have no service.  yes the bill is paid, 3 of us are on the same plan & theirs are all working fine.  since my phone is constantly searching for service i pretty much have to keep my phone on the charger. it doesn't matter where we are, i have no service when everyone else does.  every now & then i will get a few seconds of service but its usually 1x or 3 g & only a bar.  what's going on?

Re: no service all of a sudden
linket
Enthusiast - Level 2

i have done the *228 already as well

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should never dial *228 with a 4G LTE phone...programming and PRL updates are handled by the SIM card.

Try turning off the phone, removing the SIM card, waiting a few minutes, then inserting the SIM card and powering on the phone. If that doesn't work, you may need a new SIM card...they are free at your local Corporate Verizon store.

linket
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks, i'll give it a try.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Well, any luck?

0 Likes
linket
Enthusiast - Level 2

nope didn't work.  was round & round with verizon, did a hard reset (it made me want to cry, i had it set up perfect for me) & they don't know what the problem is so they are sending me a phone & sim card to replace what i have.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello linket,

I just wanted to reach out to you to see if your service has been restored. I know how much of an inconvenience it can be to not have service right next to a family member with the same device. If you can be so kind as to share your current wireless experience then that would be great. As always, we are here if you need us.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Mrs_Herrera91
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was having trouble like that with my Droid Razr HD but it would suddenly say that I did not have a SIM card in place. Try getting a new SIM card. A verizon store can give you one for free.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

A CORPORATE Verizon store will give you one for free