my phone has worked fine until a couple of days ago. I can no longer receive texts from some of my contacts.
glendab2043

Why can't I receive texts from some of my contacts? The main one is my husband. He has an iphone. I've been receiving texts up until a couple of days ago. He receives my texts but when he replies, it does not come through on my phone.

0 Likes
Re: my phone has worked fine until a couple of days ago. I can no longer receive texts from some of my contacts.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Uh oh! I know this would concern me too glendab2043. How long has this been going on? Have you had an iPhone in the past? Is this a new or replacement device? Those contacts that you do have trouble with, are you aware if they use iPhones? Share some details, we're here to help.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: my phone has worked fine until a couple of days ago. I can no longer receive texts from some of my contacts.
glendab2043

I have a Galaxy S5. I used to have an iphone. I did unregister it. It seems that there was a recent update on my phone and now I'm having issued with the text messaging. My husbands phone is an iphone. I've always been able to get text from him, now I can't. This has been going on for approx. 2 weeks now. I checked my iphone, because I still have it, and it shows it's unregistered. My granddaughter did download music onto my old iphone about 2-3 weeks ago, but that shouldn't affect my Galaxy should it?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

glendab2043

I appreciate you sharing those details so we can work on solving this mystery together! When your granddaughter downloaded music, was your Apple ID still attached to your old iPhone? If so, this may be the culprit. If it is still your Apple ID and not your granddaughters, I would recommend removing the Apple ID entirely by resetting the device like this: http://bit.ly/11M38oQ

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes