my S5 won't continue 4G signal
Lynwebster

My S5 won't continue the 4G signal. It doesn't matter where I'm at, this is a problem. It fluctuates between 1x and 3G. I have read several different forums and tried many of the fixes with no success.

0 Likes
Re: my S5 won't continue 4G signal
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

If you have not already tried this go into Settings > More networks > then Mobile networks > and set Network mode to LTE/CDMA. This may help but you also could have other possible issues to deal with. But let's give this a try first. You also need to understand your signal will not always be 4G do to many reasons

Lynwebster

Thanks for the suggestion, that one I tried and I haven't seen much of a difference in my signal. I only noticed this problem after I was trying to load a page and noted that my signal was 1x. This was in my house with 2 other 4G phones one a S5 like mine and they weren't having issues. So, I'm just trying to figure it all out, don't want to pay for a phone that is potentially broken!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried resetting your SIM card?  In other words, turn off the phone, remove the SIM card (be careful not to touch the gold contacts), wait a few minutes, then reinsert the SIM card, turn the phone back on, and allow time for a fresh network connection to be established.

0 Likes