multiple dropped call
heatheryoon

previous Note 4 user for couple of year.  Never had call drop issues w/Verizon in long time - but within 3 days of S8+, dropping calls daily.

today - within 1 phone call, dropped 3 times.  very unusual - is anybody else experiencing this w/Galaxy S8?

0 Likes
Re: multiple dropped call
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important to us that you can stay connected during calls. Does this happen when you call any number? Do you have Advanced Calling enabled?

Verizon_Customer_Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rlewis955

I am having the same problem. It doesn't seem to matter what number. I call other Verizon Wireless customers most of the time. I've had more dropped calls in the last week than I've had in the last few years. No problems on any previous phones. This is creating real problems.

0 Likes
ecburr

I am having the exact same problem with my S8+.

Advanced calling is enabled.

It is random but when it does start to happen, it will drop call repeatedly when attempting to reconnect with the same caller.

Used 3 different wireless Bluetooth head sets, all with the same result.

Hope this helps...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rlewis955,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We certainly do not want to see that you are having these troubles. What is your ZIP Code? Can you provide us with the make and model of your device as well.

NicoleT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
rlewis955

Samsung S8+

SM-G955U

Build:

NRD90M.G55USQU1AQD9

0 Likes
ecburr

S8+

SM-G955U

Build - NRD90M.G955USQU1AQD9

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for those details, rleweis955. We want to make sure you have the best signal. Is this happening everywhere you go, or only in the same location? Does this happen indoors, outdoors or both? How much signal do you see? Does restarting your device help with your signal at all?

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!   

0 Likes
xblanque

My wife has the same problem: dropped calls with new Verizon Galaxy S8 since she purchased it a few weeks ago. She experiences 3 to 6 dropped calls daily. The other party sometimes hears a fast-busy signal when the call is dropped. My wife needs this phone for her business and it is unacceptable to drop calls when talking to clients! We do not know all of the locations where this happens but do know that it happens frequently at our home. For what it's worth I have a Verizon Galaxy Note 5 which has NEVER dropped a call at the same location (signal strength is usually 3 bars or better).

Our zip code is 60175.

Samsung-SM-G950U

Android Version 7.0

Samsung Experience Version 8.1

Android security patch level April 1, 2017

Baseband Version G950USQU1AQDF

Kernel Version 4.4.16

Build Number NRD90M.G950USQU1AQDF

Hardware Version REV1.0

A quick web search reveals many others experiencing the same problem and it appears that this is only happening with the S8 on the Verizon network.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of keeping your wife's calls connected xblanque. Let's work together to get this resolved. Is WiFi calling enabled on her device http://vz.to/2t2bZ3I ? Does she have HD voice activated http://vz.to/2rs8xCn ?

Verizon_Customer_Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes