messaging no longer working
kalismom01

I have been using messaging by Softcoil since I purchased my phone. But messaging quit working one day and I have been unable to download it. I keep getting an error code of "-505". Can anyone help? thanks.

0 Likes
Re: messaging no longer working
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I'm assuming you had trouble with the app, deleted it and haven't been able to download it since? Are you having trouble downloading any other apps?

0 Likes
kalismom01

The app was working fine. One day it just stopped working. I uninstalled it and tried to download the app again, but keep getting the error code. I was able to download another messaging app, but I liked my messaging app from softcoil much better. Any thoughts?

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Error 505 is a "Not supported" code. Usually an app will tell you in plain English that the app isn't compatible with your phone so I have to wonder, have you done the lollipop upgrade? Did messenger start to malfunction around the same time? Have you not done the upgrade and perhaps they have updated their app to support it?

0 Likes
kalismom01

OK, I have no idea if I have done the lollipop upgrade. Is there a way to

check that? Again, Thanks.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Settings>System Update (located all the way at the bottom after you select settings)

If it hasn't been updated and you aren't familiar with the update, perhaps report back your findings before installing it. Lollipop update has had it's fair share of issues.

0 Likes
kalismom01

It was updated April 2. That may be around the time that messaging stopped

working.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

To me it sounds like it's an app issue, but in reading through it's description it says it's compatible. You aren't able to download the app at all correct? One thing you can try is to make sure it really did uninstall by looking under Settings>Applications>Application Manager - then look for the app.

Also look under Settings>About Phone - does it say Android Version 5.0?

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Also go into Settings>Storage>Cached data and delete that.

0 Likes
kalismom01

it does say android 5.0 and messaging is not showing in my application

manager

0 Likes