lost photos after last update
kiripurple

After the January 2014 update, I lost several photos. How do I get those back?

0 Likes
Re: lost photos after last update
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model? Which update?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
kiripurple

Samsung Galaxy III. When I check my updates it says it was update

SCH-I535_MF1_to_ML1.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Losing memories is hard thing, kiriourple! I'll do all I can to hellp. Where were your pictures saved? Dis you use an SD card or were they saved to your phones memory? Please provide me with a few more details.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kiripurple

Hi! They were pics I had taken with the phone. Before the update, I could

see them in the Gallery but they aren't there now.

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 4:02 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Kiripurple,

Picture memories are important! What do you see when you go to the picture gallery? If you take a new picture does the picture show properly in the gallery? Have you tried removing and reinserting the SD Card http://vz.to/1aYtuGY ?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi kiripurple,

Thanks for the info! Have you backed up phone to any clouds? Are you using Back Up Assistant? Are all of your pics gone? Do you have an SD card in your phone? If so, did you try to insert it in another reader? Keep us posted.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kiripurple

Found some pics in the Verizon Cloud. I don't even know how those pics got

there. Still missing some - need to check the SD card.

On Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 8:39 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
davecountrybear

Good morning:

I have the Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini, Model: SM-G730V

Over the weekend I noticed that I was receiving an error message that my SD card suddenly became unmounted. Odd I thought so I restarted the phone and then about 6-8 hours later, the same thing happened.  Yesterday, it appeared with a notice that the SD card was blank of a non supported operating system. I hooked it to my computer and all the data was gone.  This SD card was not more than a month or two old and had photos that were taken from the camera as well as other photos that were stored from a previous phone. 

Then I received a telephone call and it rang with an 'odd' ringtone which wasn't my default ringtone.  I didn't think anything of it. Later I reactivated my alarms and found that my alarm sound (default notification) was missing as well as ALL ringtones and notifications that were on the phone. I took the battery out for 1 minute and restarted the phone. After it rebooted, it flashed an 'update' message.  All default notifications/ringtones that came on the phone are still GONE.

After looking at the SD card again via USB connection, all the photos are gone still as well as anything else.   The Android version says 4.2.2 and not sure if it updated or not since the Kernel version says Oct 4, 2013. 

I received this phone as a Christmas present and I'm not happy with it.  Is there anything that can be done to help me out??? There wasn't any backup with Verizon as an Android user for the past 7 years, I never felt the need to do any type of backup.  Everything was working fine until this weekend.   What do we need to do to get this working? I feel there is more than just a phone issue.  Does it need to be replaced with a different one? If so, I would really NOT want the SIII mini.

Please advise!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh, how awesome that you recovered some forgotten pictures within the Cloud, kiripurple!
I sure hope you are able to find some others. Have you tried the SD card in another phone or better yet, perhaps with an SD card reader that you would plug into a computer to see if you have access to the pictures?
Going forward, I would even recommend saving the files to a computer in case something should ever happen to the phone/card (lost, stolen, damage).
http://vz.to/1jGABnB

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes