losing Wi-Fi signal with cell signal simultaneously
melficeapollo

I'm in a crap area. I have 1 bar of 1x data where I am located. To counter that I have Wi-Fi. I'm the only user of the Wi-Fi and it's secured as well. My problem is my Wi-Fi connection on my phone disappears completely if I lose that one bar of 1x signal. I am able to reload my web pages while I have no signal with the tiny little no smoking sign at the top of my screen, but as soon as that one bar comes back, I lose all signal on Wi-Fi all over again!! It happens 1,324,501 times a day (that's a sarcastic count) but it leaky does happen extremely frequently. It happened 3 times just trying to your this on my phone. I've already deleted the Wi-Fi settings on my phone multiple times and reboot my router multiple times as well. How can I fix? ?

0 Likes
Re: losing Wi-Fi signal with cell signal simultaneously
TeeWhite1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey man, sorry to hear your service stinks where you are. But I believe that is the answer to your question. I am uncertain of your surroundings however; if the signal is poor, youre going to get poor service. About the best you can do is look into getting a network extender. People sell them om E Bay or you can contact VZW to see about getting one brand new. That's the only way I know of to boost your signal.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets get that service to work as it should, melficeapollo! What is your zip code? How does it work in other areas? Have you tried to connect to another WiFi connection? Does the same thing happen? Also how are the connections with other devices connecting to WiFi? Share the details needed so that I can assist.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
melficeapollo

My zip code is 28533. It works way better away from this area, I'm on a

military base with no signal on it so I use Wi-Fi, which doesn't work with

my phone. I've tried other Wi-Fi networks and they work fine unless I get

low cell phone reception then the same problem starts to occur. My roommate

has the same phone but with a different service provider and his phone

works perfect with the Wi-Fi, as does my laptop and my 3Ds too. It's just

my phone that acts foolish.

On Nov 21, 2013 8:20 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi melficeapollo,

Thanks for the details, let's look into this! When did you issue begin? Have you recently downloaded any new applications? Does the wi-fi symbol, display a strong connection? I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
melficeapollo

It had been happening every since I got the phone. I downloaded a racing

game and suspected that that might be the problem so I uninstalled it. And

that didn't help. My Wi-Fi symbol is full with a strong connection.

On Nov 24, 2013 8:50 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

OK. If the difficulties are only happening with one wifi source, our control may be limited. Have you tried some basic maintenance such as a battery and SIM pull? Do you power cycle the device at least once a day?

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes