lollipop update 5.0
krazygoatlady

My contact backup will not sync after update. Had a couple other problems. Had to delete all my bookmarked website favorites to fix that! nice. I tried clearing the cache but it still doesn't work for this little hiccup.

0 Likes
Re: lollipop update 5.0
Sethro77
Enthusiast - Level 2

At least verizon allowed you to try the update... meanwhile, customers who spent alot of money on newer devices are still having to use old operating systems .... older phones get updates, while newer phones use old operating systems... gee thats an interesting concept verizon (sarcasm implied)

0 Likes
Re: lollipop update  5.0
Snn5
Legend

How does one "try" an update?  Those older phones are having issues with the newer OS versions while the newer ones without the OS updates are doing a bit better.

0 Likes
Sethro77
Enthusiast - Level 2

you see, the issue is that how well the OS works from person to person is relative... some customers have enjoyed it while others haven't.... so why should verizon not allow all of their customers to try it for themselves? It's like going to see a movie that some have liked, and others haven't, and because you don't like it, you choose to not allow others to see it until it has been changed to your liking..... it's illogical

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You cannot "try" an update that cannot be rolled back from.  That's why the hold up...Verizon might not want to deal with an update that has more than its share of normal negatives, since once the update is applied, it is there until the next update comes.

0 Likes
Sethro77
Enthusiast - Level 2

I understand what you are saying..... and you can "try" something that you cannot go back from.... that's how life works.... I just feel like verizon shouldn't choose for me as to whether I can try something that I want to try simply because they are not happy with it.... That sounds alot like dictatorship, not customer satisfaction.... if I choose to download an update that has mixed reviews and then end up having issues with it, then that was my choice and I must deal with consequences.... But, I want the option.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

And, if you have issues because of your choice, who will you ask to rectify said poor choice?

0 Likes
Sethro77
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would try to fix them myself, or wait for a software patch to fix an issue that I "MIGHT" have

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Let's make sure your contacts are synced to your device, krazygoatlady. How were your contacts previously backed up? Do you receive an error when trying to sync your contacts?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
wirespider01
Enthusiast - Level 3

What kind of comparison is that? Your talking about a movie that you spend  10 bucks on and then you go home and never have to watch it again vs a pushed update to a 500 dollar phone that you have to live with four 2 years unless you want the edge program.  I personally would leave Verizon if they ever pushed the edge program on me.  You can figure out why.

Anyhow,  why not have a bunch of knowledgeable techs hired so people that have huge issues like me can get a honest intelligent answer?

0 Likes