lollipop 5.0 and email slowness
Nanashark

Ever since lollipop 5.0 was installed, my email takes forever to open (ok, 18 seconds, but it sure feels like forever!).  I cleared the cache on my phone, but it hasn't helped.

Anyone having this issue?  Thoughts?

0 Likes
Re: lollipop 5.0 and email slowness
cahillsr
Enthusiast - Level 3

Go to Settings, application, manager, all, select email  click clear data.

0 Likes
Nanashark

Thanks for the suggestion.  The clear data button is "grayed out" and cannot be clicked.  Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
cahillsr
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had same issue and it fixed it. Just looked at my clear data is not grayed out. My mail program is5.0.0.0200 .Try closing email program, Then settings application manager all select email scrol down select clear cache. Now can you clear data ?

0 Likes
Nanashark

No such luck….. All the buttons are grayed out except the clear cache. Once I clear the cache, that button also grays out, but nothing else becomes active.

Weird…

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I know how important it is to get your email on the go! So for this not to work for you is very bothersome, I'm sure! Let's take a look to see what's going on. I do appreciate the steps provided from cahillsr, as that would have been the first steps we would have tried

Next, do you notice any other applications performing slow? Does the same thing happen when you are on/off Wi-Fi? Also, let's check the email settings: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-106417/ 

Also, I want you to try an option called Safe Mode. This will disable any 3rd party apps to ensure it's not a certain app that is slowing down the email function. Here's how to put your phone in Safe Mode:  http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-77504/  Keep us posted as to your results!

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Nanashark

I think things in general are a little slower, but it is most noticeable with the email application. It is the same with and without wifi. I tried it in safe mode and it did not make a difference. I changed my sync settings to reduce the amount of mail I was syncing to 1 day and it also did not make a difference.

Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Nanashark, thanks for completing those steps.  What type of email address are you currently using? Do you have multiple email addresses active on the device? Let's remove the email account(s) all together and then re-add them to the device; http://vz.to/1d7xpE4.

TrevorC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes