known issue with S7 and S6 using native email and CB
JoemobileAdmin

When will the patch Samsung has supplied you for the S6 & S7 for the known issue using native email and CB be pushed out for these devices?

We have several devices affected and it is keeping up from purchasing new devices due to not being able to get company email working on the S7 devices.

We've been told by Samsung that both Verizon and AT&T have the patches, AT&T has already pushed out the patch but Verizon has not?

We are thinking of moving users to AT&T if this can't be resolved soon....

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: known issue with S7 and S6 using native email and CB
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Samsung Galaxy S7 edge Software Update | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mpowell

I have an S7 Edge and today there is an update.  I didn't specifically see a fix for the Exchange and CBA issue though.  It did have a fix for when its in power save mode. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Samsung Galaxy S7 edge Software Update | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mpowell

Almost 24 hours and it seems to be syncing email.  One thing I have noticed though is when you put it in power save mode it doesn't seem to show notification of new email.  You have to open the client to see what has come in.  I thought one of the resolved issues was when it was in power save mode, may have to look at that again.

0 Likes
cahillsr
Enthusiast - Level 3

Try this

settings, battery, optimize  all apps, then turn off email, calendar, contact & Calendar sync, ect

Now do you get mail notification in dooze mode?

0 Likes
mpowell

There is an update for the S6 this morning, I'm installing to test and will try to advise if it corrected the email/CBA issue. If anyone notices an update for the Note5 I'd like to know about that as well.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

i get text/pic message notifications in doze.

0 Likes