kit kat update issues
mcmills21
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have been having these issues. 

1. The biggest problem is failed text messages.

2. Battery drainage.

3. Lag in keyboard and home screen button.

4. Hot spot interruption at the same time as the message failures

I have been in the store 5 times in a week and a half. I've talked to tech support, tier one, supervisors, and Samsung.  I've been through all the resets, new sim cards, troubleshooting of all kinds, and new replacement phones. Nothing has worked.  It is only getting worse as time goes on. 

The supervisor, as well as everyone else, said I was an isolated case. Obviously that's not true. Verizon tells me they owe me no kind of help or service related to this bc it's a Samsung software issue and they are not in control over that. Samsung told me that they release the update and then verizon formats it and then pushes it out, making it verizons responsibility. Fortunately, the Samsung rep said that while the verizon supervisor was also on the call. There is a disagreement over who's fault this is.

I was told I was going to receive a phone call back after the verizon rep talked to the Samsung supervisors tomorrow. I am skeptical of whether or not I will actually hear from him. Obviously there is an issue. 

I don't care who's fault it is or who fixes it, 2 months is far too long for this to continue happening.   

I have also been with Verizon for over 10 years. Although this is a software issue and not a network issue directly from Verizon, the support I have received (and from what I read, everyone else's service) has been far less than acceptable.  If there is a mistake, there is a mistake.  Acknowledge, apologize, and repair. The lies, terrible attitudes, and lack of resolutions is enough to make me switch providers.

It will take an extensive plan of action from the phone call I'm supposed to receive tomorrow for me to continue my contract. 

When is enough enough for Verizon? Are they really willing to lose all this business?