incoming text messages also sent to email address
cathan

I just got a Samsung Galaxy S6 edge. When a text message is sent to me, not only do i see the message in my Message+ ap, but the same message is also sent to an email addresses. As a result, my incoming text messages are being recorded in my work email account. The sender is not setting the message to send to both locations, just the phone number. This happens with all senders, not just one. I tried deactivating Integrated Messaging, but it did not resolve the problem. How do I stop text messages from duplicating to my email account?

0 Likes
Re: incoming text messages also sent to email address
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hmmm....I have not heard of the Message+ also sending messages to an email address before. Let's be sure we stop this from happening.

In order to check into this I will need to have a few questions answered.

Is your work email address associated with a personal email address in any way?

Did you ever use Vtext.com? 

Please sign into vzw.com/vtext

Upper right corner you will see 3 lines that reflect the menu

Settings

Email to text (is there anything in there?)

If so, please remove the email address.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cathan

Hi Tamara

My phone is set up to receive emails from 3 different providers: gmail, ymail, and my work server. Text messages send to my mobile phone also appear in my work inbox. Outgoing texts do not appear in my work inbox or sent folder.

I do not recall using Vtext, but I logged in, accepted the terms, and checked the settings. An email address does not appear in email to text settings nor are there any devices listed in the Manage Devices list.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cathan,

We appreciate you getting back to us with this information. Let’s roll up our sleeves to make sure we get this resolved. First & foremost, congrats on this awesome phone! I hope that other than this small speed bump, you are enjoying your new phone. What was the make & model of your old phone? How long have you had this new phone & have you ever been able to receive texts normally? What happens if you use the stock text app that is not the Verizon Messages?

AliciaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cathan

I switched from the Samsung Galaxy S3 to the S6 edge a week ago. On the new phone, I have always been able to get text messages in the Verizon Message + or Samsung Messages programs. Most of the time, I receive a duplicate message in my Email inbox. There was one evening last week while using Message +, not all of my texts were duplicated into the inbox.

Based on this post, I switched to the Samsung Messages program and am still receiving duplicates.

Thank you,

Cat

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for working with us Cathan. It may be a setting in the corporate email. We want to get these unsync'd. Please open the Work Email.

•Open the Native Email application
•Select 'More'
•Select Settings
•Select your work account
•Scroll down to 'Exchange ActiveSync Settings'
•Turn 'Sync Messages' to OFF

JoeL_VZW

0 Likes
cathan

JoeL, by turning off the Sync Messages option, emails will not be synced with my email server, correct? (If I delete an email on my phone, it won’t delete it from the exchange server, right?)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question! No this would not effect the mail. It would only effect the text messages from syncing in your box.
JoeL_VZW

0 Likes