icons
dalmation64

while texting I will add a smily face or other icon that came on the phone and in the suggested text area there will be an icon that is not on the phone. how do you use these from that area????

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: icons
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello dalmation64. Using emoticons is a fun way to personalize your messages. The emoticons that are available do differ by device. In order to view the all of the emoticons that are available on your phone, you can follow these steps: While composing a text message select your menu icon and select Insert Smiley. You can then touch the smiley you would like to appear in your message. If you show additional emoticons under the predictive text box, you can touch the emoticon that appears and it will be added to your current message.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello dalmation64. Using emoticons is a fun way to personalize your messages. The emoticons that are available do differ by device. In order to view the all of the emoticons that are available on your phone, you can follow these steps: While composing a text message select your menu icon and select Insert Smiley. You can then touch the smiley you would like to appear in your message. If you show additional emoticons under the predictive text box, you can touch the emoticon that appears and it will be added to your current message.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Also, be aware that what you see on your phone is not necessarily what the recipient sees on the other end.  My daughter has an iPhone, I have an Android.  She uses an "emoji" app and I get black and white icons for some of what she sends with that app, and squares for what doesn't translate.  I use the native emoticons on my phone, and she gets the characters rather than the emoticon.  So  unless you and your recipients are both using the same app, the smilies you send may not translate perfectly.