how to get rid of the missed call notification banner? - galaxy s3
mayor360

SAMSUNG GALAXY S3

Has anyone found a way to get rid of - that is, keep it from EVER being displayed -  the missed call notification banner on the lockscreen?  I've tried everything I can think of short of getting a different phone ... a third party app worked perfectly until we were "blessed" with KitKat in the most recent software upgrade.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how to get rid of the missed call notification banner? - galaxy s3
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey mayor360, I know that would concern me a bit too having my missed call notifications being shown while my device is locked. I have done some reasearch on my end and have found that for many users have been using 3rd party applications just as you have. If after the update your specific application started to not function we can try to reset the device to ensure there are no software issues and then install the application once more. If you'd like to give the reset a shot you can click this link to see how http://bit.ly/1pphu6w. This step will erase all the information on the device, so you want to make sure the device is backed up before proceeding. To backup your device you can simply download our Verizon Cloud application in the Google Play Store. Keep us updated. -AdamG_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: how to get rid of the missed call notification banner? - galaxy s3
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey mayor360, I know that would concern me a bit too having my missed call notifications being shown while my device is locked. I have done some reasearch on my end and have found that for many users have been using 3rd party applications just as you have. If after the update your specific application started to not function we can try to reset the device to ensure there are no software issues and then install the application once more. If you'd like to give the reset a shot you can click this link to see how http://bit.ly/1pphu6w. This step will erase all the information on the device, so you want to make sure the device is backed up before proceeding. To backup your device you can simply download our Verizon Cloud application in the Google Play Store. Keep us updated. -AdamG_VZW

0 Likes