how do you fix the G S4 to automatically toggle between wifi and 4g?
CWGRISWOLD
Enthusiast - Level 2

I cannot email pictures from S4 because it will not automatically toggle between wifi and 4 g?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how do you fix the G S4 to automatically toggle between wifi and 4g?
CWGRISWOLD
Enthusiast - Level 2

I finally got this to work. It turns out it was the security settings in Verizon outgoing email that were wrong. In installation and re installation of my Verizon email into the email app supplied with the S-4 the outgoing mail settings would default as follows: SMPT server: outgoing.verizon.net; Security type: None; and  Port: 587. I changed them to SMPT server: outgoing.verizon.net; Security type: SSL and Port: 465. The default settings came with the S-4 and the Nexus 10; changed them on both and now have no problems with sending email attachments or replies and forwarding when on  WIFI.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

settings > wi-fi > menu (the three vertical dots in the upper right-hand corner) > advanced > smart network switch (ensure it's checked)

0 Likes
CWGRISWOLD
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have Android 4.4.2.. Set up a little different but got to advanced and checked 'auto network switch'. It still does not work. Any further thoughts? thank you.

0 Likes
CWGRISWOLD
Enthusiast - Level 2

I finally got this to work. It turns out it was the security settings in Verizon outgoing email that were wrong. In installation and re installation of my Verizon email into the email app supplied with the S-4 the outgoing mail settings would default as follows: SMPT server: outgoing.verizon.net; Security type: None; and  Port: 587. I changed them to SMPT server: outgoing.verizon.net; Security type: SSL and Port: 465. The default settings came with the S-4 and the Nexus 10; changed them on both and now have no problems with sending email attachments or replies and forwarding when on  WIFI.

0 Likes