Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

how do i get the auto capitalization to turn on?

It used to work and I am not sure why it doesn't anymore....when I text or write an email, the phone no longer automatically capitalizes the first word in a sentence or a proper noun, etc.  Does anyone know how to turn this feature back on?  I have looked around in various menus but haven't found anything...thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: how do i get the auto capitalization to turn on?

Customer Support

Having the correct punctuation is key, tracytom. Let’s check some device settings to get your sentences started off right. There is a setting that will allow you to turn this on or off. Here are the steps to make sure this is turned on: Settings > Language and Input > Samsung keyboard > Auto Capitalize> On.

DanielleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

Sr. Leader

The setting would be in language and input, look in the settings for your particular keyboard.

0 Likes

Customer Support

Having the correct punctuation is key, tracytom. Let’s check some device settings to get your sentences started off right. There is a setting that will allow you to turn this on or off. Here are the steps to make sure this is turned on: Settings > Language and Input > Samsung keyboard > Auto Capitalize> On.

DanielleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

It is 3/28/20 and this just happened to my phone after the latest update. Thanks for your response cause I was able to fix it.

0 Likes

Customer Support

We are glad to learn you could turn on auto capitalization on your device. Please don't hesitate to reach out for further assistance. 

MariaV_VZW

0 Likes