how do i change the folder source for verizon cloud backups
vdastoli1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have music saved in my DCIM Folder on my phone as well as a few other folders but they are not backing up to Google Play Music or to Verizon Cloud.

How do I change the source of my verizon cloud backup so the music in different folders gets backed up?

0 Likes
Re: how do i change the folder source for verizon cloud backups
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm glad to read that you are taking an active approach to managing your cloud storage vdastoli1. After all, we want to make sure that we take all precautions to ensure that your info is archived. What model phone do you have? Are you managing your Cloud storage on the computer or directly on the phone?

rVZWtH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @upport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vdastoli1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a Galaxy s6.  I manage my cloud storage from my phone directly.  In the verizon cloud "app" there's an option to say what you want included and "music" is an option.  The problem is I have music in many different folders on my device (Astro File Manager does a great job managing this for me). 

My preferred solve to this would be to customize what "root folder" the verzion cloud backup tool is looking at when backing up a device so i can actually control which folders specifically get backed up under what heading.  I have no way currently of backing up my music.  The songs in my cloud storage currently aren't even on my phone they must be from an old phone so there is clearly a disconnect in the tool's ability to recognize song files and back them up appropriately.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

vdastoli1,

We definitely want you to have a great experience with your device and still be able to keep your files backed up, just in case. Currently there is not an option to change which files Verizon Cloud will search out for your music, but I will certainly lift up that suggestion.  In the meantime, a couple of options to consider would be to stop using the file manager so that your music can be housed in the phone’s default music folder or review different backup options for your music.

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vdastoli1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Any updates on this?

0 Likes