how do I stop the annoying pop up to install the update?
brighteyes610
Enthusiast - Level 3

please tell me how to stop the annoying pop up every few minutes on my galaxy 4? I am not interested in this or any updates verizon or samsung has to offer for obvious reasons..tomm I will be contacting verizon samsung and whoever else is responsible for all of this bs that has been going on.it seems to me that nothing is being done about all of the problems we all have been having.now for 3 days I cant get this annoying pop up to stop and u cant clear it from the notifications bar at the top either.

0 Likes
Re: how do I stop the annoying pop up to install the update?
Klue
Master - Level 1

There is no way to get rid of it permanently. Hit the go back button and the notification will go away until the next time the phone wakes up.  The last update I was able to do this for about 2 months then the update force loaded itself during a battery charge. Fortunatly all went well and the phone functions perfectly. I hope all goes well on the update that keeps proding me now. I will keep delaying the update as long as possible.

0 Likes
brighteyes610
Enthusiast - Level 3

you are not kidding.it was in my pocket.pulled it out and it was already updating. I was pissed.

0 Likes
lyfeisfast
Enthusiast - Level 2

Was it actually installing kitkat or re-downloading the software update, which it keeps for mine over and over again. Been going on for almost a month now as I'm still trying to hold them off.

0 Likes
ExcessiveIdling
Enthusiast - Level 2

There IS a way to block the updates from coming, however it requires voiding your warranty and rooting it....I'm having issues with texting and was talking with a tier 2 and he even told me (since I'm 99.9% certain its the update that causes it) to root it to prevent getting the update.  Pretty bad when a verizon tech tells ya to do that imho

0 Likes
shortster90
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had a Verizon tech tell me to root also.
Imagine that, a Verizon tech telling you to void your warranty to fix a problem.

Kitkat is THE WORST UPDATE EVER!!!

0 Likes
Not applicable

Rooting does not void your warranty. No law was ever passed saying you cannot do it. However.....

To get warranty service the root must be removed and the original functionality must be placed back on the device.

Good Luck

0 Likes