galaxy s6 marshmallow "Screen" draining my battery
dagactor
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since the update to marshmallow, my battery is draining like crazy and it says it's from the SCREEN. Disabling auto brightness and lowering the brightness does slow the drain, but it's still crazy, sometimes losing 1% per minute.

I have done a Factory Reset, I've run in safe mode, I've wiped the cache a few times...I'm not sure what else to do. I can't imagine an app is causing the screen to drain faster. Can anyone help? My phone is tough to carry around all day with a power cord at the moment.

0 Likes
Re: galaxy s6 marshmallow "Screen" draining my battery
Five0

My battery has been dying quickly as well but I'm not sure what's causing it.  I did all that too and they sent me a new phone but I'm still having the same problem with the battery.  Super frustrated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want your phone’s battery to last all day for you, dagactor. Thank you for performing what steps you have already taken. When performing the factory reset, did you first shut off Google’s Automatic Restore in the Backup and reset part of Settings?

If not, then any software errors causing the issue can be reloaded to the phone when it is set back up. It is also a great idea not to agree to Google’s Automatic Restore when going through the setup process after a factory reset.

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dagactor,

Wow! You have done a lot of troubleshooting already. We greatly appreciate you doing these extra steps. We want to continue and see what is causing the battery to drain so quickly. When a software update is done it can take awhile for the software to optimize on the phone. Applications can cause this process to slow down as well. I know you mentioned you did a Factory Reset on your device. Did you sign into your Gmail account when doing this? Do you have a live wallpaper on the device? This can also drain the battery quickly.

RobinD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dagactor
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did not disable the restore because obviously I need my contacts and data back. Are you referring to the apps being restored?

0 Likes
dagactor
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you Robin, I did sign into my google account again as restoring my phone to usable order ASAP is important. I do not have a live wallpaper. The main battery drains listed at SCREEN or ANDROID OS, which leads me to think it's not one of my apps unless they can indirectly effect the OS?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate your time and patience with us while troubleshooting. Some apps can cause the screen to stay active for longer periods of time causing indirect battery drain.
YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes