Is the Galaxy S4 supported?
who4ever
Enthusiast - Level 2

I bought a new Galaxy S4 on eBay and I see Verizon no longer supports it.  What does this mean and is there any work-around?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: galaxy s4 support
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It can't be activated on the Verizon Wireless network anymore the CDMA network is being retired. The Galaxy S4 doesn't support calls on the VoLTE network. The workaround is getting a phone capable of HD Voice. CDMA Network Activation Retirement | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It can't be activated on the Verizon Wireless network anymore the CDMA network is being retired. The Galaxy S4 doesn't support calls on the VoLTE network. The workaround is getting a phone capable of HD Voice. CDMA Network Activation Retirement | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

not exactly "new" and you should have checked to make sure it would work. I would request a refund form who you sold it to. They should not be selling these phones.

bearone21
Legend

caveat emptor!

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

bearone21 wrote:

caveat emptor!

If they wanted a cheap Sammy they could have gotten the J3 V or the J7 V straight form Verizon

bearone21
Legend

agreed, i've got an old s3 & s5..the s5 with 5.0 is very limited in what it can do.

the seller saw them coming.

0 Likes