pw1963

How do I unlock my phone I forgot my backup password

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: forgot backup password
pfp
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have tried Android Device Manager (ADM) to solve exactly the same problem.

ADM installs correctly and can it locates my phone.  My phone has a new lock screen.

However, although the web site asks for the new password, the new lock screen doesn't have anywhere to put it in.  So, I am no further forward.  The documentation is very poor, but ADM seems to have worked for others.  Any thoughts?

(Samsung Galaxy S4)

Peter

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Unless your phone asks for your Google log in info for your Google account before the last failed login attempt on the lock screen, you may be forced to wipe the phone to gain access.

0 Likes
pw1963

How do I wipe my phone

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

The phone will automatically wipe itself after the last failed log in attempt using the wrong PIN.  Or, you can do so with the phone off and follow these directions: SAMSUNG G920F Galaxy S6 - how to hard reset my phone - HardReset.info

0 Likes
PFM
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have you tried using find my mobile to unlock it from the Samsung site?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pw1963, making sure you can unlock your phone is very important to us too. The community offered a great tip for factory resetting your phone. Just in case, here is a way to remote unlock your phone via an app, as long as Location Services are turned on.

The application is called Android Device Manager, and it can help you unlock it remotely by changing your password online.

First login to your Gmail account using this link, and see if you can remotely install this application on to your phone, from your PC/Mac: http://bit.ly/1t3SxzE

You will need to have Location Services enabled on your phone for this app and service to work.

If you are able to install this app, please login to this website:

https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager

Keep us posted.

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pfp
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have tried Android Device Manager (ADM) to solve exactly the same problem.

ADM installs correctly and can it locates my phone.  My phone has a new lock screen.

However, although the web site asks for the new password, the new lock screen doesn't have anywhere to put it in.  So, I am no further forward.  The documentation is very poor, but ADM seems to have worked for others.  Any thoughts?

(Samsung Galaxy S4)

Peter

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

I realize the frustration hat is involved with not having access to your unlock screen and it sounds like you been trying your best to solve the problem with your device, pfp. Let me continue to assist you with getting this issue resolved. Were you able to do the hard reset on your S4? This should clear the way to allow you to re-setup your device with a new lock screen code afterwards. Here’s a link for the steps http://vz.to/2buoAZw to ensure it was done based on Samsung’s recommendations. Please let me know how things go and if
you need more help, I am here to assist you further.

Thanks,

Ed W

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes