fingerprint scanner error
jUStPunkin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ever since the upgrade to Lollipop, my fingerprint scanner is not working. I cannot use the fingerprint scanner to lock my phone. I try to register my fingerprint and it says "an error has occurred with this fingerprint sensor. If this message appears repeatedly, restart your phone".

Any ideas how to fix this. Restarting the phone does not help.

0 Likes
Re: fingerprint scanner error
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
jUStPunkin, we're stepping in to help. Make sure you have the same motion and finger position as used when you registered your fingerprint.  Be sure to be consistent with every swipe and keep fingerprint reader in the same position used at registry. Do you have 3rd party applcations downloaded to it?

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jUStPunkin
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't even get the option to swipe. I try to register my fingerprint and it says "an error has occurred with this fingerprint sensor. If this message appears repeatedly, restart your phone".

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
jUStPunkin,

This is a great feature to have with the phone so let's see what we can do to get this working for you. Can you please try to wipe the cache partition? Steps can be found here: http://vz.to/14myEKU.

NicoleB_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jUStPunkin
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've tried this before, just tried again, and still have the same problem.

0 Likes
jUStPunkin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are there any other suggestions, or do I just write this up to another failure for Lollipop?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your patience is greatly appreciated on this matter JUStPunkin. Can we assume that the area of the fingerprint scanner is free from any debris? If so then the next step is a factory reset. As always, we suggest backing up your info on either Verizon Cloud, your Gmail account, or by using the archival service of your choice. Once you have done so, please perform a factory reset, re-setup your Galaxy S 5 without restoring your info, and then test the fingerprint scanner. If the scanner works then you are welcomed to restore your personal info. Here's a link on how to perform the factory data reset.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-99541/

Once you have done so, please keep us posted with the results.

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
VZWeary

The fingerprint recognition worked great at first, but lately (not certain if in relation to a hardware update) it has given me the 'try again' message repeatedly. I registered several fingers, and have tried different fingers when trying to unlock phone. This is very irritating. The screen capture with hand swipe also no longer works.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for all your efforts to get this working VZWeary. Let's keep at this for you. Were you able to try the wipe cache steps from above? Have you also tried it while in Safe Mode? http://spr.ly/6581BJKT1.

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes