facebook not syncing with phone contacts
Isaac_klemish
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just purchased the new s6 and my facebook contacts appear to not be fully synced with my phone contacts as they were on my s4. I've gone into the app settings and set to sync and have sync'd a few times with no luck. mainly what i'm missing is; on the s4 for any phone contact that was also a sync'd facebook contact, their contact image was their facebook profile pic and in each phone contact it showed that it was linked through facebook (along with other things like email/linkedin/phone# etc.). on the s6 the only phone contacts that have a profile pic are my linkedin contacts. and none of my phone contacts show that i'm connected with them by facebook, again only by email/linkedin/phone# etc. Am i missing a new feature/setting to sync that up? i know it's not a major issue but it was nice to have a face with the contact. any ideas?

Tags (3)
Re: facebook not syncing with phone contacts
wjmiles60
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having same problem

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Isaac_klemish - I like having the option to sync my contact photos from Facebook as well. I'm here for you. Let's work together to figure this out. Do you know if your Facebook contacts are merged with other contacts in your address book. Sometimes the Facebook contacts need to be listed as the default if they are merged. You can check your contacts to display in Contacts>More>Settings Contacts to Display. You may have set the Facebook application to sync with your Existing Contacts only, that's on Facebook app under settings - App settings. Just go to your phone Accounts under settings and check that the Sync With your device option is checked, while you are there click on the account so it syncs again. On your Contacts app you click More, and there you see Merge contacts, that will merge al the contacts it finds that matches between all your accounts, then click Settings, and you'll see Contacts to display, when you click that you'll see that by default it has All contacts selected. You can separate them via the Customized list to get the Facebook contacts to display the images. Also, if your Facebook application has the option to choose Continuous Contact upload be sure to select that as well within the application.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear you're having the same issues with your facebook contacts wjmiles60. I know its important to have this information synced, especially if you use the app frequently.. I recommend trying the steps also provided by my team member in this thread. If you continue to have issues or receive any error messages, please provide that information so we can provide additional steps to help resolve your issue.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Megatraughn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Unfortunately I am experiencing the same issue, Facebook contacts are no longer syncing to my phone either. I have tried the troubleshooting steps that you've given feedback on and I have not seen a change. I have tried everything it seems, and I'd love it if someone could fix the issue.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It's a Facebook thing. Has nothing to do with carriers. You'll find that it affects a lot of Samsung devices with the recent update Facebook has done. You need to downgrade your version or wait til Facebook pushes a fix to fix what they broke.

0 Likes
Megatraughn
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do I downgrade to the previous version?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

have to search the Internet and find a lower version. Better to wait it out and pressure Facebook to fix the problem. Reduces your chances of getting malware.

0 Likes