disable apps
buzzeswoman2008
Contributor - Level 3

are there any apps on the galaxy s5 that always run that i can disable so that i save on battery and so i dont have to worry about data charges? i just got this phone last week so im not sure how the whole thing works yet...

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: disable apps
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, you can disable any apps that you don't use.  This article also may be of interest:

9 ways to stay below your data cap on Android and iOS | TechHive

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, you can disable any apps that you don't use.  This article also may be of interest:

9 ways to stay below your data cap on Android and iOS | TechHive

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
buzzeswoman2008
Contributor - Level 3

which apps are safe to disable?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you're unsure, then don't.     Obviously, some apps are necessary for the phone to operate efficiently.

Again, it depends on your individual usage.  Since the phone is new to you, you may want to watch over the next few weeks to see which apps you use and which ones you don't.  A lot of the VzW apps can be turned off if you don't use them, along with things like Amazon apps, NFL Mobile, Slacker if not used.

B33
Legend

But we can't forget to point out Disabling some can cause the phone to run unstable.. I've seen it my phones when I disabled the app so I re-enabled and just left things be as they are

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hence the first paragraph in my last post. 

0 Likes
B33
Legend

It's try and see area.!  you disable you try it,  if the phone operates as it did your ok if not it's time to re-engage the app

0 Likes