dial pad not working while I'm on a call
tjinca1

I have a Samsung Galaxy S6, and my dial pad doesn't work while I'm on a call.  For example, I call in to a conf call, it asks me to enter my access code, and the phone doesn't recognize any of the numbers or keys I press on the dial pad. 

I googled the problem, and the only fix that worked for some people isn't working for me (going into Settings>phone>DTMF Tones>make it "Long" setting).

0 Likes
Re: dial pad not working while I'm on a call
tjinca1

BTW, on that fix that doesn't work for me, I've tried changing the DTMF tones to Long and Normal, and neither work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tjinca1, that is odd that a fix is not working for you. Let figure this out. Do you have the same issue when calling other number that require prompts such as Voice Mail or Customer Service?
AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate your detective work towards getting this fixed, tjinca1. Let's take a look at another route towards getting the dial pad to reply. Does this happen when on both speakerphone and non-speaker?

Let's see if this is duplicated when putting the device in SafeMode. Here's how: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-175013/

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes