deleted e-mail keeps comming back some times days old email how to correct this
hj47

Deleted e-Mails keep coming back some are days old how to correct this

0 Likes
Re: deleted e-mail keeps comming back some times days old email how to correct this
bearone21
Legend

you don't say what type  email but I'm guessing pop3 thru a service provide,r rather than gmail/yahoo/excite/etc.

coming back into the inbox or still in deleted folder?

pop email defaults to leaving the mail on the server so it can be read/deleted on the phone but still seen on my home pc, until it's deleted.

settings/accounts/open the account & one of the boxes, general/send/receive has the box where you can select "delete from server" & then when deleted on the phone, it's gone.

0 Likes
Re: deleted e-mail keeps comming back some times days old email how to correct this
Northshorecowboy

I am having the same problem. Not sure about the original poster, but hre is my situation. Hoping someone can provide assistance. 

The deleted emails in my Galaxy S5's default email program (envelope with an red @ in the middle) keep returning like a bad case of ___.  I have a Yahoo mail account and I access it from the S5, my Galaxy Note Pro (via AquaMail and Yahoo mail apps) and regular Web Yahoo mail.

Everything was working fine until Yahoo forced me to change my password last month.  I then had to make several attempts to get my S5 and Note Pro programs to accept the new password, but ultimately all started accessing and syncing again.  Only, if I delete email on the S5, they return in a few minutes.  If I delete them on the Note Pro or regular Yahoo, all works properly and the S5 will sync and update the email inbox to match.

I tried the suggestion above, but did not see those settings.  When I look at the "incoming" settings, I see am setup as a IMAP server, SSL security, Port 993.  Outgoing is set to SMTP, SSL, Port 465.  I see no other settings that can be changed.     

0 Likes
ok4now2000

I'm having same issue with same phone, but using Roadrunner.... hopefully someone will reply soon with help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Northshorecowboy,

I am concerned you are having issues with your deleted email that keeps coming back. Are you having this same issue when you log into your Yahoo email online? Have you checked to make sure the sync settings for your email? Here's a link that can help http://bit.ly/1n7y7DT. Give that a check and use the steps provided accordingly.

Thank you,

EdW_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes