com.sec.imsservice has stopped
tjmckeon2

Samsung Galaxy S5. Immediately after updating to Lollipop I get a popup when I turn on the phone "com.sec.isservice has stopped " the error appears also when I boot into Safe mode. It re-appears  constantly.

0 Likes
Re: com.sec.imsservice has stopped
B33
Legend

The only suggestion I can give and others may do as well is to Factory Reset if that does not fix the issue you might go by your local Corporate store and see what there suggestion ones to do) they might have to do a Warranty exchange for ya, its hard to say for sure but if your close to a Corporate store it may worth the time to go by and see what your options are..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tjmckeon2

This is odd! Let's get your phone working the way it should be. Is anything in particular making this message pop up on the device? When was the update done? Does the phone have any physical/water damage?

JorgeO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
MattRose

OMG same problem.  Does Verizon not test these updates before pushing them to users?  I can't get this stupid message to stop poping up.  I have tried the cache clearing method found on the Internet to no avail.  HELP. FACTORY RESET Is UNACCEPTABLE.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

They do run test and Soak test on the OS builds how some of these issues squeeze by I never really understood that either because the soak testers are customers just you and me they report there findings back to Verizon, Verizon then evaluates the findings and decides to release or not to release the OS in the case of Lollipop it was released out to the public..

There's some things ones can do to help get a good Download of the OS and those are:  Have a fully charged Battery, On internal Memory makes there is enough space on the phone for the new OS to function properly, Make sure you have the strongest signal possible from the Towers or other source to transfer of the OS, Let the phone fully download all of the update and any additional and let it update any Apps if need be.. when it fully Finished even if the phone shuts itself down run an additional power cycle.. Doing this should result in a Good Download of the OS

Snn5
Legend

I read:

Go into settings>General>app manager>All> find contacts and open it then clear cache. If that doesnt help. Clear cache and data. Fixed it for me.

Also, another user stated that turning off Advanced Calling worked for them.

trizmonde

I have being having the same issue on my Galaxy Note 4. I have factory reset my phone, cleared the cache, booted in safe mode and cleared the cache for com.sec.imsserver and contacts and nothing has helped. This is unacceptable.

0 Likes