cannot uninstall Verizon Store Demo
sparkle2404

VZ Protect detects a security threat in an app named Verizon Store Demo Mode. When I attempt to remove this app through VZ Protect, the app cannot be removed. When I view the list of apps on my phone, this app is not listed.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: cannot uninstall Verizon Store Demo
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are passionate about device and network security sparkle2404. With that being said, allow us to showcase to you how committed we are to getting your phone working to its optimal abilities. May I ask where did you buy the phone from? Was the phone purchased brand new in a package that was never opened?

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BereanJenn
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have this same exact problem. The store demo app has been identified as malware. Can I delete this?? I've had issues with electronic harrassmwnt and stalking from a man, so I'm very concerned as he seems to keep getting into my cells no matter what I do. I need to ensure this is from your company and not some dummy name for spyware. The cell was bought new, at family dollar in cortland ohio.

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to make sure your information is safe, BereanJenn. If there are any apps on your phone that you do not wish to use, you can disable or uninstall the apps. What make and model phone do you have? 

Nicole_VZW

0 Likes