can't place call
kyljhnsn
Enthusiast - Level 1

can't place calls... after I dial the call never gets past "daling" and then hangs itself up. I can text, surf web, check email, and even call via Skype. also I've been told it says my voicemail is full when people try calling me and I have zero voicemails... and it goes straight to voicemail even while on. I've tried all reboots, cache and full wiper reinstall, sim switch, switching between lte and global, nothing works. seem to be a lot of people with this issue. phone is only a month old...

seems eems to be a problem in the south part of us. I want another phone now and I don't want to pay, Samsung needs to address this issue

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: can't place call
kyljhnsn
Enthusiast - Level 1

problem resolved! i had to call the 1(800) number and enter my last four social and phone number to activate the line. for some reason, the line had been activated incorrectly when the phone got set up and i suppose the system took some time before it realized there was a problem. i also enabled hd calling (since i live in a 4g area with good coverage) and the phone started working again.

seemed to be quite a few people in this part of the country with this problem... strange

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to make calls is an essential function of your phone kyljhnsn! Let's get to the bottom of this calling issue and explore options to resolve! What is your ZIP code? When did these calling issues start? Are you able to make calls from any other location?

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
kyljhnsn
Enthusiast - Level 1

problem resolved! i had to call the 1(800) number and enter my last four social and phone number to activate the line. for some reason, the line had been activated incorrectly when the phone got set up and i suppose the system took some time before it realized there was a problem. i also enabled hd calling (since i live in a 4g area with good coverage) and the phone started working again.

seemed to be quite a few people in this part of the country with this problem... strange

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kyljhnsn,

Great! We're glad to hear everything is resolved at this point.  We're always here for questions and support if you need.  Be sure to follow us on Twitter as well @VZWSupport. Have a good night.

TrevorC_VZW

0 Likes