can a galazy s4 be used in prepay?
jaywiljen

can a galaxy s4 be used for a pre pay customer?

0 Likes
Re: can a galazy s4 be used in prepay?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No. Prepaid is restricted to 3G EDVO only phones.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Verizon Prepaid Users to Get Access to LTE? | DSLReports, ISP Information

But that may be changing. See story above.

Good Luck

0 Likes
jaywiljen

so the changes they make on july 17 wont help any?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If it is true, it could change the answer. However it is a rumor at best at this point. Today right now, a 4G LTE smartphone is compatible with the prepaid plans offered by Verizon Wireless.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

No rumor, Lady Ann.

The information is also on the Wall Street Journal and other places. I was reading last night the only part that is not too clear is cost. But you could be correct that it is just a teaser. (Rumor)

Good Luck

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ann154 wrote:

If it is true, it could change the answer. However it is a rumor at best at this point. Today right now, a 4G LTE smartphone is compatible with the prepaid plans offered by Verizon Wireless.

Darn, I left out one tiny word. It should say 4G LTE smartphone is not compatible with the prepaid plans offered by Verizon Wireless.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Elector wrote:

No rumor, Lady Ann.

The information is also on the Wall Street Journal and other places. I was reading last night the only part that is not too clear is cost. But you could be correct that it is just a teaser. (Rumor)

Good Luck

Until it is in an official press release I will not take unsubstantiated information (rumors) as fact. Even if the New York Times reported it. For years customers wanted to share their data plan with other people on their account. It happened, but not in ways I believe many of those customers were expecting. If 4G LTE smartphones are allowed on Verizon Wireless prepaid, it could come with all sorts of restrictions and conditions ie only certain devices are allowed, plans changes, price increases, etc. I want to know what those conditions and restrictions are before claiming 4G LTE phones could be on the VZW prepaid plans.

0 Likes
Not applicable

As with any news release the premise is truthful until its disproved. I guess on the 17th. We will knowSmiley Happy

In government releasing bogus information is quite common to the news medias. In that case its a deflection tactic. Cannot let the people know what we plan on doing to some poor unnamed country.

The funny part is Verizon is not rebuttaling the news reports.

0 Likes
Not applicable
0 Likes