camera
tallullah

galaxy s7 edge - camera does not work - can't shift from front to back, get error message all the time "camera needs to be restarted:

0 Likes
Re: camera
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a properly working camera is a must, tallullah. We want to help in any way that we can. Since this issue started have you cleared the Camera app in Settings? To do this you would open Settings on your phone, then go to Applications, then select Application Manager. Once there please search and select the Camera app, then choose Force Stop, tap Storage, then tap both Clear data and Clear Cache.

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
tallullah

Already did clear cache and data………it also won’t allow me to switch between front and back – it says error then must shut down

Jan from NH, keeping it simple one day at a time

“Beware of entrenched ignorance masquerading as tradition”

"When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure."

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to get this resolved for you. Lets get to the bottom of this.  Has this occurred the whoel time you had the phone?  Do you get that message every time?

0 Likes
tallullah

I JUST bought the new phone within the last two weeks, and yes, the camera has never worked right…………tried it right off the bat, got no where, decided to try it again this w/e and it does NOT work right

Jan

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

If you are within your 14 day return window, then the smart move would be to return the phone and exchange it.

0 Likes
tallullah

I am just a couple of weeks past the 14 days – camera isn’t that important to me – but I do use it – so just tried it this weekend and found it defective………….

Now what do I do!!

Jan

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Have you tried to use your camera while the phone is in safe mode?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tallullah,

Let's zoom in on the camera issue.  Do you have a case on your phone?  Do you have any trouble recording videos?  Keep us posted so that we can assit further. 

EmmaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
tallullah

Thank you all – my replacement phone arrived today! Will keep y’all posted…………let’s hope this issue will be resolved with the new phone!

Tallullah:)

0 Likes