blocking a number
dbog37

I followed the steps word for word to block someone's number but when I hit submit it says unable to process request at this time, try back latet

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: blocking a number
psf2835
Contributor - Level 1

I tried another number, it is working now Smiley Happy  Thank you.  This was through Block settings, computer. Not Family Base Feature.

I do believe it just had to be activated.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dbog37, having the ability to block a number is imperative. Our apologies it seems to be having some issues but no worries! Help is here. Let’s work together to see what’s going on. I know it’s been a couple of days and just checking, are you still having the issue? Were you attempting to do this via computer, laptop, tablet, phone? What’s the internet browser you were using?

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
11hockey11

I'm having the same issue. For a few weeks I've been trying to add just one number to block. I've tried in the middle of the night when the system should have less users, and in the middle of the day when it's busier. I've tried weekdays and weekends. I have just tried for about 15 minutes straight, but it's been the same "unable" message all this time, every time. No matter what I do I can't block a number on two of my lines. Is this some sort of thing verizon is doing to force me to buy that $4.95 a month family block thing? I just want to block one number, a telemarketer computer that has relentlessly called at all hours.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

11hockey11

We want this process to be fast and easy. Are you trying to make this change on a computer? If so, what browser are you using? Are you trying to do this on your phone? Have you tried the other phone? Are you using the app?

ChristopherM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
11hockey11

I am trying to make the change on a computer, yes. I've tried Safari and Chrome, and the results are the same. And it still can not get a number blocked, still with the same error message.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

11hockey11

I appreciate this information. When you log in online, are you signed is as the Account Owner, Account Manager or Account Member?

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes
11hockey11

I'm signed in as the account owner. I'm the only one that signs in on this account, there are no members or anything. I also tried firefox just now. Still, can not block a number.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for all that you've done! How long has this been occurring?
YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the orrect nswer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
psf2835
Contributor - Level 1

I also can't add numbers, same message.  Chatted with Verizon and think they are having problems with that application.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Out of curiosity and to see if it is similar to the issue I had with blocking phone numbers. Do you have the basic non-visual voicemail or do you have visual voicemail?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes