battery life?
Jmansdad

The battery life on my Galaxy S4 has become terrible.  How can it be improved?

0 Likes
Re: battery life?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jmansdad, help is here as I understand the importance of having good battery life. How long have you been using this phone? Reason I ask is because this is a slightly older device and the battery may simply be old. There are many factors that can cause the battery life to drain fast. Things such as 3rd party applications, applications running in the background and even not having enough memory on the device. To check your available memory on the device, go to Settings>Storage. Lastly, are you using the charger that came with the device?

NatashaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TexasC4

The last Software Update that VERIZON push out to "Optimize Device Performance" is the cause to this batter death!

This is NOT "3rd party applications"

The Android System at idle time is using 10% battery

Android OS 9%

Cell Standy is pulling 4% battery life!

0 Likes
lasinah_vzw
Verizon Employee

TexasC4, we want you to have the best experience possible on that phone. Have you powered your device off/on since retrieving the software update? Did you update the software for your applications on your device, as well.

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes