battery & Bluetooth
mmaxson
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is anyone else having issues with battery drainage? I can't believe how fast it drains. Also, I can't connect my Fitbit HR via Bluetooth. Before I return this phone (got it yesterday) can I get some help with this? 

Side note: I have turned off location, dimmed my screen but I use WiFi at home.

Re: battery & Bluetooth
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is the phone saying is using the battery?

There is an update issued today for the S7 and S7 Edge. Samsung Galaxy S7 edge Software Update | Verizon Wireless and Samsung Galaxy S7 Software Update | Verizon Wireless.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mmaxson
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is using 44% for the Android System, 18% Android OS, Screen 12%, Bluetooth 9%, Chrome 5%, Google Services 2%, Cell Standby 2%.

I haven't used it hardly at all today and it is down to 73% already.

I wonder if I should have stuck with the Motorola Droid series. That's what I had before but the reviews on the S7 were so good, I thought I'd give it a try.  Big mistake.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mmaxson, the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge are great devices. We want you to be able to fully enjoy the phone. When you set up the phone, did you do a restore from a backup or set it up as a new phone? What’s the software version on the phone?

ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mmaxson
Enthusiast - Level 2

Software updated to G930VVRS2APB4 on 3/25/16.

I was able to restore my contacts & calendar & some of the apps I used but had to re download others.

I have not used the phone much today at all and what started at 100%, it is now down to 43% & draining fast. Is this the norm for this phone? Seriously, if I close out everything, I may as well buy a flip phone.  If this can't be resolved, I am going to return it tomorrow.

0 Likes
dcehlis

Mmaxson, I had the same issue.   Full charge and overnight my battery is at 71% by 7AM and 50% battery by 11AM.   I did a factory reset in settings and it seem to resolve the issue.  I think an app may be the cause, so I am slowly reinstalling the apps that I use to see if the issue comes back.  If the issue persists or returns, then I am returning the S7 and back to [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service].

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I don't want to see you give up on your new phone, mmaxson. While the suggestion from dcehlis is something to consider, it can sometimes take 72 hours for all of your applications and settings to optimize and battery life to normalize after an update. It's normal for the device to temporarily use more battery while that optimization is in progress.

It's also possible some of your downloaded applications may not be optimized for the latest software and can result in higher battery drain until the application is updated or removed. Try going into the Play Store > My Apps and making sure all the applications have received their updates recently. Additionally, try going to Settings > Manage Apps and clearing the cache (tap the app, then tap Clear Cache) on some of your more frequently used apps, like Facebook.

There's also some great steps at http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-203687 to help extend your battery life going forward.

JenniferH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
mmaxson
Enthusiast - Level 2

It was working better then it starting draining rapidly again.  I've turned off so many applications & have it set to Power Saving mode.  I never had any problem with my Droid Maxx! That ran like a champ from the start.

All apps have been updated as well as the newest software update..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mmaxson,

Keeping your phone energized is the goal.  We want to ensure you don't have an app on your phone that may be the culprit.  Have you attempted to put your phone in safe mode http://vz.to/1vu0e1R to check if the battery drainage persists?

EmmaM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
mmaxson
Enthusiast - Level 2

Right now, the "Media Server" is using 46%, the Android System is using 33%, Android OS, 10% & Bluetooth, 8%.

The link you gave me is for the Galaxy S5. Is it the same?

0 Likes