backup assistant plus lost network connection(36). please try again.
ace780

Hello-

After the Stagefright software update (5.0.1 --  I545VRUGOF1), backup assistant plus seems to have stopped working on my Galaxy S4. I keep getting the error "Backup Assistant Plus has lost network connection(36). Please try again."

I have tried "clearing cache" and "clearing data" in the Application Manager for Backup Assistant Plus as well as Sync Service but still no luck. Anyone else having the same issues? I would appreciate a Verizon Wireless Customer Support Rep to assist and provide a solution as soon as possible.

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: backup assistant plus lost network connection(36). please try again.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ace70 - We definitely want to make sure you're able to get your items backed up. I'm not showing any known issues reported with the S4 and backup assistant plus after that update. Do you encounter the same issue when using our Verizon Cloud application? Since Backup Assistant Plus has been replaced with the Verizon Cloud, this would be the best application to use with Lollipop:  http://vz.to/1EHI8uD  Keep us posted.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ace70 - We definitely want to make sure you're able to get your items backed up. I'm not showing any known issues reported with the S4 and backup assistant plus after that update. Do you encounter the same issue when using our Verizon Cloud application? Since Backup Assistant Plus has been replaced with the Verizon Cloud, this would be the best application to use with Lollipop:  http://vz.to/1EHI8uD  Keep us posted.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ace780

Hi Ebony-

Thank you! I had no idea Verizon Cloud replaced Backup Assistant Plus. I tried Verizon Cloud and it backed up my contacts successfully.

How come Backup Assistant Plus was still trying to run after the recent Lollipop update and how do I turn it off or get rid of it?

Thanks!

0 Likes
kms824

I'm having exact same problem. So there's definitely a glitch

0 Likes
ace780

kms824 -- glad I am not the only one with this issue. Try Verizon Cloud -- it worked for me.

I am still waiting on Ebony to understand how to remove Backup Assistant Plus since it was apparently replaced by Verizon Cloud. Not sure why Backup Assistant Plus is still around if it was "replaced".

Thanks.

0 Likes
SWVZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have started a new thread, since this thread was marked as "answered" and I'm not sure that a VZW representative will return to it.

I've encountered the same Backup Assistant problem, but it had further consequences as noted in my new thread, here:

Backup assistant plus lost network connection (36). Please try again.

Baffled_
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem.  I deleted cache and stopped and started Backup Assistant but to no avail.  Help

0 Likes
MsExplorer

My phone has the same problems. Hours after the system update version: J12.SAM.SCH1545.0, the phone went into a reset mode as if it was a new phone. I tried to skip this but the phone would not operated even after rebooting.  I lost my Gallery, alarm clock settings, weather settings, phone and text message histories and the phone would no longer sync with the Bluetooth connection in my car. My screen configurations changed. After completing the online fix suggestions I took the phone to the Verizon store. The representative was aware of problems due to other customers coming in this week. We recovered my Gallery but had to delete then re-pair the phone to the car. Now my car speed dial settings must be redone. This has cost me too much time and I'm not sure I have discovered all of the glitches.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

My apologies for any improper expextation that may have been set ace780. While Verizon Cloud did replace Backup Asisstant Plus, the icon on your device fpr Backup Assistant may still be on the device. You have the option to hide the app if you wish. SImply go to the App Menu > MEnu > Hide App. Let us know if you have any additional questions for us.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Latalk

I am having the same issues. It keeps popping up that message. Until the message appeared I didn't even know what Backup Assistant was. I just want to have it stop showing the message. I have MyBackUp Pro on my phone from when I originally transferred my data from my old phone. Never had a problem until recently. Is there a way to disable or hide this message? I have the Galaxy S4.

0 Likes