auto rotate does not work
ddinct

I finally updated Galaxy S4 on 08/26/15, now have gliches. How do you fix rotate screen? screen stays in horizontal even in auto rotate.

0 Likes
Re: auto rotate does not work
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello ddinct,

I want to make sure you can use your phone easily in portrait or horizontal! Do you have any accessories on your device such as a screen protector or a case? Does it rotate when all accessories are removed?

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: auto rotate does not work
NETSTOOGE
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know the OP mentions the S4 but some S5's screen rotation stopped working after the 6.0.1 firmware upgrade Dec 2016. I fixed it by removing the built in Weather widget.  However, I had to do a "wipe cache partition" afterwards; just removing the widget alone (and rebooting) didn't get the job done. 

How to wipe the cache partition of an S5

• Turn off the device.
  • Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time: Volume Up key, Home key, and Power key.
  • When the phone vibrates, release the Power key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key.
  • When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
  • Press the Volume Down key to highlight ‘wipe cache partition.’
  • Press the Power key to select.
  • When the wipe cache partition is complete, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.
  • Press the Power key to restart the device.
0 Likes