anyone have error System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless?
GrandmaGail

I have a new phone today and it immediately asked to update, upon which it now gives this error. 

System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found on your phone...Please turn off your phone and go to the nearest Verizon Wireless store for help. 

Also says Secure fail kernel in tiny red letters in the corner.

Any hope on this?  What can they do, aside from replacing the phone?

0 Likes
Re: anyone have error System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless?
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Can we assume since you said that you just got the phone that it is brand new and directly from Verizon and has not had any software modification made to it other than the pushed update?

That error is typically only seen in devices that have had the software "modified".

0 Likes
schoondogg

I have the same message.  Any resolution on this yet?  Just appeared today 1/22/14.

0 Likes
JaneneWinters

Just happened to me on the Samsung Galaxy S5.  Screen has been freezing up prior to this.  "unfortunately (gallery, camera, messenger, etc) has stopped working".  Whatever I'm doing at the time would display that message.  And then it would randomly shut off and turn back on.  Or just full-out Freeze.  My daughter and I got these in April and she hasn't had any trouble with hers.  Guess I'm just lucky.  Wish me luck when I go to the Verizon store this afternoon. 

0 Likes