after update bluetooth no longer connecting to car
worwolfe
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, i have a Galaxy s6 that would pair fine with my Car before the update a couple of weeks ago to 6.0.1. But now it won't see my car. I can connect other android and iphone devices to the vehicle without issue.

As a side not, my pebble watch will not connect to my phone unless i only connect it to Pebble-LE first. And until the last update, this is not the case.

I have cleared cache, reset to defaults, RMA'd my S6 to get a refurb, and tried someone elses s6 ( they too were unable to pair to my car after they updated a few weeks ago). Nothing seems to work. Is there anything else i can try short of getting a new phone, which is going to be a while since i am still paying on this one.

0 Likes
Re: after update bluetooth no longer connecting to car
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CALVINBTX, we know how important it is for your phone to connect to your car.  We will provide some troubleshooting steps  to help get this matter resolved.  Can you tell us more about the name of the system that is in your car?  Have you tried deleting your phone from the cars system and reconnecting it? 

RalphT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
worwolfe
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's a 2016 Nissan frontier, so it would be the Nissan proprietary bluetooth system. And once i deleted the phone from the car and the car from the phone after the update, the phone will no longer see the vehicle. Other bluetooth devices seem to error out now as well, unless i connect to the "SamsungLE" bluetooth connection first. I am hoping that when the Nougat update rolls out soon that it will fix it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I rely on my phone connecting to Bluetooth every time I get in my car CALVINBTX so I know how important it is to ensure it's working properly. Have you tried connecting your phone to other Bluetooth devices? When attempting to connect to your phone to your vehicle are you getting a certain error message? Can you verify the software version you currently have running on your phone?

Thank You,

MichelleL_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
worwolfe
Enthusiast - Level 2

As stated in the original post, i can only connect to BLE devices.. and i have upgraded to the most recent verizon released update. :

"So, i have a Galaxy s6 that would pair fine with my Car before the update a couple of weeks ago to 6.0.1. But now it won't see my car. I can connect other android and iphone devices to the vehicle without issue.

As a side not, my pebble watch will not connect to my phone unless i only connect it to Pebble-LE first. And until the last update, this is not the case."

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details. We will get this fixed for you. Can you confirm if you are receiving any error messages? Have you tried to erase the connection and try to connect again?

VZW_Customer_Support_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
worwolfe
Enthusiast - Level 2

There are no error messages, It just doesn't "see" the vehicle any more.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CALVINBTX, thanks for keeping us posted. Let's try deleting that Bluetooth connection in Settings>Bluetooth. You will then need to re-sync your device to your vehicle.

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
worwolfe
Enthusiast - Level 2

If there were a connection there i could do so...Please read all posts to ensure you are not asking me to repeat anything that i have already done. .  Please view post above : ( also note, after the most recent update to G920VVRS4CQA3, that i can no longer see some devices. This seems to only affect samsung s6 Phones from Verizon)

"It's a 2016 Nissan frontier, so it would be the Nissan proprietary bluetooth system. And once i deleted the phone from the car and the car from the phone after the update, the phone will no longer see the vehicle. Other bluetooth devices seem to error out now as well, unless i connect to the "SamsungLE" bluetooth connection first. I am hoping that when the Nougat update rolls out soon that it will fix it. "

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate all the steps you've done to get the bluetooth working again, CALVINBTX. From Verizon's end, you've done all we could ask. The next step would be to contact either Samsung or Nissan on this issue. Do you have any other questions or concerns we can help with?

GeorgeS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes