Zedge issues??
KristenKM25

Is anyone else seeing/hearing of an issue with Zedge on S6? I got mine Friday and after assigning some tones/alerts from Zedge my notifications started going crazy (double alerting,going off every 30-45 seconds if not andwered, looping alert sounds with calendar notifications etc..) tech support assured me my settings were correct and was told to take back to the store for factory reset. Store said they had been advised to wipe Zedge app bcs of ongoing issues and did the reset. Works fine now but Zedge never caused an issue on my old Galaxy and I used it for 2yrs. And, it's listed as a safe app by Verizon on their own

site??? I just hate paying $2.99 for a tone and am unsure of any other safe free apps. Any thoughts/suggestions???

0 Likes
Re: Zedge issues??
woocigargrl

Ive been using Icons and wallpaper from Zedge for about a week and everything is ok.

0 Likes
KristenKM25

Interesting...thanks

0 Likes
JohnJon

I am having issue with contact ringtones not working.  I too have been using Zedge previous without an issue until I changed over to the S6.

0 Likes
TheNatural
Contributor - Level 1

Zedge is actually garbage and NO carrier can support, fix or acclaim that a 3rd party application (unless their own) is safe. Even apps like WhatsApp messes with your audio and certain security applications will cause issues with your own Wifi connection. Downloading ANY 3rd party app is at the sole risk of the consumer should there be any negative side affects and it is definitely not the responsibility of the carrier nor the manufacturer to fix these issues BUT the developer of the application in question. Applications are nice to have but realize the permissions you are giving that app and what it actually does to your phone. Calling tech support in all honesty was a waste of time, they don't troubleshoot 3rd party apps. You should reach out to the developer or rate the application and see if anyone reaches out to your from Zedge. You can also wait for Zedge to put out an update...

0 Likes