You were unable to receive a text message due to device restriction or insufficient funds
cedressel

Although I have searched, I have not seen a definite answer about my problem.  Samsung S9, all updates installed.  I have multiple contacts blocked using the phone and several (4) blocked using the VZW web site, so I can block text messages.  It seems when a blocked contact tries to contact me, I get a text message from myself, "ME", that says, "You were unable to receive a text message due to device restriction or insufficient funds."  This sort of defeats the whole purpose of blocking a call or message, doesn't it?  Several posters have been asked what phone numbers is trying to contact, but hos would I know what number it is?  The message comes from myself and I have multiple blocks.

I have tried to turn off Notifications for text messages and calls but I'm not sure that's a good idea.  I'd like to know if I missed a legitimate text or call.

Is there a solution to this problem?  It seems rather backward to receive a text from myself every time a blocked contact tries to call me.  I blocked that call or message because I didn;t want to be repeatedly disturbed.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Chuck

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: You were unable to receive a text message due to device restriction or insufficient funds
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Seeing a text that you were unable to receive a text message due to device restrictions or insufficient funds can be alarming, Cedressel. We're here to help with your service questions and concerns. To gain clarity, do you have a postpaid or prepaid VZW account? Are you using any third-party blocking applications? Since blocking the call/message, have you received this message again?

0 Likes
Re: You were unable to receive a text message due to device restriction or insufficient funds
cedressel

I think I have a postpaid account.  Sometimes I get confused by your terminology.  I pay an average of $150/mo for two lines, one phone paid for and one still paying.  I've had a VerizonWireless account for over thirty years, with a brief interruption when I needed a WiFi Internet service that VZW did not offer yet.  I subscribe to the free call blocking service, and also use the on-line service to block up to five numbers for calls and texts.  No third party services I'm aware of.

Yes, I continue to receive the messages from "ME", that I was unable to receive . . . But I get no indication what number or text message is causing this to occur.  I'd be glad to offer you my account number if it would help.

Chuck

0 Likes
cedressel

I just received another message from "ME".  After asking a couple of questions about my first post, which I answered, vzw_customer_support seems to have abandoned me.  

And now, I'm getting emails to pick the most accurate response to my initial question, apparently so Verizon Wireless can clear the question off the forum and make it look like it was answered quickly and competently.  I think not!

Frustrated in Arizona.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cedressel, the last thing we would ever want is to frustrate you. I apologize for not providing an answer sooner.

The text message you receive after a blocked contact send you a text message is working properly. How long ago did you block the numbers via your My Verizon online account? 

-JacobG_VZW

0 Likes
cedressel

I block numbers when they are Spam or robocallers.  To my knowledge, I cannot tell which telephone number is giving me the message from "ME", so I have no way to tell when I have blocked it.

I currently have three numbers blocked, one expires 10/22/20, one expires 10/26/20 and the last expires 11/22/20.

This blocking of numbers/messages really shouldn't be so hard.  If I subscribe to the paid number blocking, will I cease getting the messages from "ME"?

Thanks,

Chuck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry for the inconvenience. The calls that show they are coming from your own number are illegally generated and we are unable to block these at this time. We are continuing to develop new tools along with working with federal regulators to try and limit these interactions. 

0 Likes
cedressel

Thank you for your response.  At least I now know that someone is aware of the situation.  

Chuck

0 Likes