Won't get past Verizon splash screen and I already did a factory reset.
catic

I already did a factory reset as suggested by Verizon Customer Service representatives on this website.  That didn't work.  It won't get past the Verizon screen on booting. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Won't get past Verizon splash screen and I already did a factory reset.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

catic,

Oh no, sorry to hear your phone is not getting past the Verizon screen and that a factory reset did not help. I know how important a working phone is so let's get to the bottom of this for you. Has your phone been in contact with water or have physical damage? Did you follow these steps for the alternate factory reset?

Ensure that the device is powered off.
Press and hold the Volume Up button (located on the left edge near the top) and the Home button (located at the bottom in the middle).
While continuing to hold the Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until "RECOVERY BOOTING" appears in the upper left then release.

Select wipe data/factory reset.
Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
Select Yes -- delete all user data.
Allow several seconds for the factory data reset to complete.
Select reboot system now.

Please keep us posted if this helps.

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Won't get past Verizon splash screen and I already did a factory reset.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

catic,

Oh no, sorry to hear your phone is not getting past the Verizon screen and that a factory reset did not help. I know how important a working phone is so let's get to the bottom of this for you. Has your phone been in contact with water or have physical damage? Did you follow these steps for the alternate factory reset?

Ensure that the device is powered off.
Press and hold the Volume Up button (located on the left edge near the top) and the Home button (located at the bottom in the middle).
While continuing to hold the Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until "RECOVERY BOOTING" appears in the upper left then release.

Select wipe data/factory reset.
Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
Select Yes -- delete all user data.
Allow several seconds for the factory data reset to complete.
Select reboot system now.

Please keep us posted if this helps.

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
0 Likes