With latest update I HATE how my text messages show up on my lock screen.
colleen0706
Enthusiast - Level 2

I purposely lock my screen for privacy reasons!!  How can I fix this problem?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: With latest update I HATE how my text messages show up on my lock screen.
AZSALUKI
Legend

in the messaging app, go to the menu and turn off the preview messages option. i "think" the lock screen will still show that you have new messages, but will not actually show the message.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

in the messaging app, go to the menu and turn off the preview messages option. i "think" the lock screen will still show that you have new messages, but will not actually show the message.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

AZSALUKI wrote:

i "think" the lock screen will still show that you have new messages, but will not actually show the message.

That's correct.  Also see this post:

colleen0706
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you!!  It worked.  It just says "new message" now.  YAY!!

0 Likes
pdubya
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did that, too, but I wish there was an option to have the notification/preview in the status bar OR the lock screen (or both).

I hate that jumbo message box popping up on the lock screen. It seems redundant to have it both there and the status bar. Are they trying to apple-ize the s3? No thanks. I'm looking at you, jellybean update.

jaraschutt
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree!  I also HATE that I get the large boxes on my lock screen of missed calls (with name/number) and text messages (with or without actual message).  It's VERY annoying!  It makes me cringe every time I see it.  There are already # alerts on the phone and text message icons to alert you as it is.  I don't need huge boxes on my large screen as well.  I am not blind or dumb.  Stop acting like we are and give us the option to turn it off!

0 Likes