Wireless charging S8 stopped working after update
THOJEP90
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wireless charging  on my S8 stopped working after update on Oct.3, 2017. I have tried 3 different wireless chargers, wall warts and cable, nothing works . Anyone have a solution?

0 Likes
Re: Wireless charging S8 stopped working after update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

THOJEP90,

Making sure that your wireless charging is functioning correctly is vital. If you are using a Galaxy S8 case, then try removing it and test to see if that makes a difference. Wireless charging will work just fine with some cases, but it will often make the phone a lot warmer. It’s also worth experimenting with the positioning of your S8 or S8 Plus. Even if you opt for one of the best wireless charger, you may find it works better if you turn your phone sideways or move it around to get a better connection.

NicoleT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

THOJEP90
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have tried different positions and different wireless chargers. The chargers work fine until the update on Oct. 3, 2017. Once the phone was updated, none of my wireless charger worked. The same thing happen to my wives S8  phone. What do you recommend for the next step? I have done a factory reset and cleared the cache.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

1). Try clearing system cache, and if that doesn't work

2). Back up content important to you, then perform a Factory Data Reset

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Did you clear the cache from the settings-storage or did you do it in recovery mode? Volume up-power-home will take you to the recovery mode. Did you do the factory reset from setting-backup and reset or did you do that from the recovery mode?

0 Likes
THOJEP90
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did both from recovery mode.

stef7
Master - Level 2

Right, as kathy65793 is implying, there are two types of "caches" in your device. One maintained by each application (called the app cache), and one maintained by the system (called the system cache).

In this case, I'm not sure you can clear any app that's related to charging, and restore operation. This is why I suggested clearing the system cache, but you could clear all the app caches as well - it won't hurt. This article has information that will tell you how to do both.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s8-and-s8-plus/816998-how-clear-cache-galaxy-s8.htm...

After doing that, reboot your phone, and try wireless charging.

Then there is the Factory Data Reset if the above did not work.

You can fix this! Smiley Happy

THOJEP90
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did the cache clean and factory data reset using the volume down and bixby key. This didn't fix it. When the phone is placed on the wireless charger it acts like it working. The lights on the charger comes on, the phone shows the percent of charge and the time to full charge, but the phone doesn't charge.

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I think that this last update has caused this problem from what I am reading here and on other forums. If someone does have an answer to this I am sure they will come on here and let us know Other wise I think they will take care of it in the next update they send out.

stef7
Master - Level 2

OK, that is really interesting! I cannot see how Samsung didn't test to see if Wireless charging still worked. I mean, if all they did was look at the light, and the on-screen display, but did not actually look at the battery charge - that wouldn't be very thorough testing.