Will this update impact free GSM?
darthloki

Hola, I have a Galaxy S5 sm-900V and ANK2 build, free gsm, I receive in my computer today (verizon software)  an advice to software update, I tihink lollipop, I have a concern with the update, does this update keep the Free GSM right?? I use my phone in US and Mexico, so Its important to me

Thanks!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: s5 update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Darthloki, that is a good concern. We know how imporatant it is to have a good working device while you're outside the country. With the new software update with your cell phone, it would still be compatible to travel outside the country. As for if the device will always connect with the network outside of the country is beyond our control since we have to rely on the network in the other countries. I hope that this was helpful information.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand the need to keep imporant capabilities on your device darthloki. We provide plans and access to use your phone while traveling internationally but can not guarantte if you're using another service that we don't support your phone will work. Since we don't support the software provided with your computer for use of your phone internationally, we can not guarantee your phone will work after our software update.

KinquanaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
darthloki

Thanks, no additional software or services I just need to use Verizon Sim in the US and Telcel in Mexico to make phone calls and use internet, and no special software provided with my computer, is the "Verizon Wireless Software Upgrade Assistant (ar)" that I install from the phone, yesterday it dowload a software update and ask me to update phone, I just buy the phone like a month ago

Thanks!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Darthloki, that is a good concern. We know how imporatant it is to have a good working device while you're outside the country. With the new software update with your cell phone, it would still be compatible to travel outside the country. As for if the device will always connect with the network outside of the country is beyond our control since we have to rely on the network in the other countries. I hope that this was helpful information.

KevinR_VZW

0 Likes