Will an unlocked T-Mobile S6 edge work on Verizon?
apricity

I'm thinking about buying a used t-mobile s6 edge, but I want to use it on verizon's network, is this possible? If so what are the steps? Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: will an unlocked t-mobile s6 edge work on verizon?
Snn5
Legend

This issue with at least Verizon 4G phones is that they are no longer locked, but this does not mean they will necessarily work on all carriers, just like having a Global network selection will not make a Vzw phone work on any carrier, the same goes vice versa for phones from other carriers.  One of the bigger hindrances to a phones compatibility is in regards to it's hardware, in this case, radios that don't use the same frequencies and bands.  True, a phone may partially work on a service or carrier where 1 freq and 1 band match, but in the end, who wants a partially working service?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
heretohelp5353
Enthusiast - Level 2

Keep in mind Verizon's voice network is still CDMA ( no Sim card ) and data is GSM ( Sim Card )  Some of the newer phones however are coming preloaded with capabilities for all. Depending on the company that is. I know Verizon does not lock there Carrier lock there phones for ex ATT. Check the mobile network settings and see if you can change it to global or CDMA/LTE

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

No it will not work. You need 700(band 13) support, VoLTE support in your area or CDMA support. The S6 edge does not support band 13 nor does it have CDMA.

Snn5
Legend

This issue with at least Verizon 4G phones is that they are no longer locked, but this does not mean they will necessarily work on all carriers, just like having a Global network selection will not make a Vzw phone work on any carrier, the same goes vice versa for phones from other carriers.  One of the bigger hindrances to a phones compatibility is in regards to it's hardware, in this case, radios that don't use the same frequencies and bands.  True, a phone may partially work on a service or carrier where 1 freq and 1 band match, but in the end, who wants a partially working service?

0 Likes