Re: Verizon Galaxy S4  4.4 Update (KitKat)
JGwiz
Contributor - Level 1

One thing we can count on, when the update finally does arrive it will be stuffed to the gills with as much bloatware and crapware as possible.  Plus, there will be an updated version of (ab)KNOX(ious) that will be even more deeply integrated into the phone, sucking up space and resources. 

0 Likes
kissfan007

I'm going to buy a bag phone..... Bloat ware free.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Galaxy S4 4.4 Update (KitKat)
Firefighter1272
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was with AT&T and my S4 was updated months ago...Sorry I switched to VZW

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

This is untrue, unless the plans coincided with what people thought was appropriate. If Verizon came out with a statement that put the schedule of KitKat being released on October 1, 2014, people WOULD NOT calm down!

Putting out information about an update that Verizon has scheduled to release 4-5 months AFTER everyone else released the update would do nothing to stop this type of thread.Smiley Happy

radar320
Contributor - Level 2

I think we just have to face the fact that we won't see an update to this phone until well after the S5 is on the shelves.  By the time this phone is updated, other carriers will be pushing out 4.4.3 or higher.  Look how long it took the S3 to go from 4.1.2 to 4.3.

gpeterden
Contributor - Level 2

Tomorrow is April 1st (Fools Day). LOL

I switched from HTC to Samsung because Samsung was always first with upgrades and HTC took months. The HTC ONE was upgraded to 4.4.2 Dec 2013 go figure. Tic Toc the mouse ran up the clock, the clock rang 12 and the mouse ran down Hickory Dickory Doc. LOL

0 Likes
johnembe
Enthusiast - Level 3

Duplicate post - please see:

Re: Where is Android 4.4 KitKat for the Verizon Galaxy Note 3?!?

Message edited by admin_moderator

0 Likes
jreger
Enthusiast - Level 2

My only complaint is that if you (VZW) aren't going to update it quickly, then unlock them so we can do it ourselves..

But this is really nothing new.. I stayed after the Bionic Mess, the Thunderbolt Mess, and then the GNEX mess... now I have the S4.. and Will not make the mistake to stay with them again.. I will be getting myself a Play Store phone..

rcschnoor
Legend

Yes, fool me once, twice, three or four times MAYBE, but certainly not that 5th time.

beyedup
Contributor - Level 1

Update!....It will come soon now. 🙂