Wifi slower than dial up
Durbkat

This issue started a couple of weeks ago where I couldn't use my wifi because it was so slow that I was better off using my data connection. When the issue first started I was able to fix it by forgetting the network and entering my password again but now that doesn't fix it, nor does restarting the phone. When I run a speedtest on the phone while connected to wifi I only get whats shown in the screenshot below,

Screenshot_2013-06-24-18-00-57.png

All of my other devices are fine and I usually get what I pay for, which is 20mb down/1.5mb up,

2794718349.png

How can I fix this? I've also noticed the phone has been kinda sluggish and buggy at times but restarting the phone usually fixes it. I have firmware 4.1.2 installed and I haven't installed any new apps aside from skype, I uninstalled it but that didn't help.

0 Likes
Re: Wifi slower than dial up
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for providing this picture of  your issues. I know how important it is to use wifi and to have a good network connection Durbkat. Where are you located (zipcode)? Are the issues inside your home? Are you having issues with your home wifi? Have you contacted your landline carrier to inquire about any issues with service? How is service when you leave your home? Also try clearing the cache and browser history. If you continue to have issues, try removing the wifi connection completely then reconnect it. Last step would be a hard reset. Make sure you back up your information before performing a hard reset. Please keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: Wifi slower than dial up
Durbkat

It turns out it is an issue with my wifi. I just tested my laptop, I mainly use my desktop PC which is wired, and my laptop is having the same issue. Sorry to have bothered you.

0 Likes