Re: Wifi issues
DPS3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am on my second S7.  I got mine last Wednesday, and I returned it to the store for a replacement on Saturday night.  I was given an exchange immediately at the store, and I just began to notice the same sort of issues this evening.  When I turned off bluetooth, the problem did stop.

I spoke with a CSR yesterday to get the data situation cleared up.  She was able to give me 6GB instead of the 3GB due to the issues I was having.  I went through 2GB in just a couple of days, as I didn't realize my wifi wasn't working.

Yesterday, I had an issue with my volume down and power buttons both not working.  I had to factory reset my phone to get them to work.

Is there any resolution to this problem?  I shouldn't have to keep trading in a phone or factory resetting it to get this figured out.  I was perfectly fine with my S6 on AT&T.  This is a crappy welcome to Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to have a fully functioning device, DPS3. When you had Bluetooth on, what accessory was connected? That device may control the volume functions of the device. Let us know if this is helpful.

TimothyS_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
DPS3
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Bluetooth was on, but it was not connected to anything.  The only thing it is paired with is my car that is not on. 

The buttons both just stopped working, and we went through multiple troubleshooting issues before finally having to do a factory reset.  The bluetooth, wifi, and mobile data were all turned off before the reset occurred. 

I don't understand why a wifi connection will just all of a sudden get lost when nothing goes on.  Every other device is connected, and my phone just gets dropped.  I'm thoroughly disappointed with verizon and my S7.

0 Likes
ASW623
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have reached out to Verizon because the wifi issue is happening to a lot of people. I think it has to do with the new marshmallow OS for android. We will see if Verizon is able to help more than what they have so far.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to want to ensure your device is functioning as it should. May we ask what the results were after the factory reset

0 Likes
DPS3
Enthusiast - Level 2

After the factory reset, the buttons have begun to function correctly.  However, I had to turn off my bluetooth this evening in order for my wifi to work again.  I don't understand why there is such a connectivity problem with the S7.

0 Likes
rg1963
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon needs to stop telling people to do a factory reset! that is a load of crap. people are having this issue all over the place. Samsung needs to fix the problem period. forgetting the network, factory resets and all the other crap there telling people to do is not working.

Rgordon001
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issues. Can't use WiFi when blue tooth is on. And then WiFi still isn't great when it is off.

0 Likes
Rgordon001
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am still unable to be on wifi and connected to blue tooth at the same time.

0 Likes
DPS3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I cannot use wifi if my bluetooth is on, either.  Truly annoying.