Wifi issues
ASW623
Enthusiast - Level 2

The wifi is not staying connected on my new galaxy s7, causing me to use up a lot of my data. Verizon said it is an issue with an app because not all of them are updated to the new marshmallow. Anyone else having this issue?

Re: Wifi issues
amtm
Enthusiast - Level 1

yes, having the same problem with many apps.  Others will load just fine in WIFI.  I do believe that it is because many of the apps are not yet updated as Verizon stated.

ASW623
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hopefully this gets resolved soon my data is being eaten up by the fact I can't stay connected to wifi at all, it seems every time I try to use WiFi everything slows down or locks up.

rg1963
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having a similar WiFi issue. I can connect to my home WiFi but i cant download anything from google apps store or stream Pandora. It works on other WiFi networks. i am not sure whats going on. My S4 connects fine.I have tried rebooting router and the phone. still no luck.My work WiFi works with no issues.

ASW623
Enthusiast - Level 2

My issue is with all wifi connections, my old S5 worked just fine.

NHHDRIDER

I found if you turn off Bluetooth Wi-Fi works

0 Likes
ASW623
Enthusiast - Level 2

I like to use the Bluetooth for my car. Ugh

0 Likes
steviewencha
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same issue here. Verizon hasn't been very helpful which is quite disheartening. They told me to do a factory reset (I did 3). They said it was my modem. My modem is fine. They said its an app. It did the same thing in safe mode. I don't think they have a clue what is causing this. HTC One M8

0 Likes
DanceMom813
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having wifi issues with everything...browser and all apps.  I can't connect anywhere - home, work, my mom's house, hotel we were at over the weekend...  I'm also using up all my data and not happy about it.  I tried troubleshooting it with a couple of things I read online last night and neither helped at all.  Frustrating.  My s5 still works on the internet no problem as does my husband's note - it's just this phone.  Hope they are able to resolve this soon!

Beege5582
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing here with my s7. All other devices including my old s5 working just fine on my WiFi. My s7 will not connect. Tried reseting modem, etc multiple times.